Based on Geranium Oil (Geraniol), the Bug Band repels insects without harmful pesticides such as DEET. Geraniol is proven work 10 times better than Citronella (source). A good choice for recreational and lighter-duty applications, the BugBand wristband comes in multiple colors, including dark green, light green, blue, yellow, red, pink, and glow-in-the-dark.
- The vapors from the plastic BugBand wristband form a protective shield around the immediate area, keeping insects a safe distance away.
- While many repellents are easily diluted or rinsed off with swimming or perspiration, the wristband just keeps working, up to 120 hours. It’s packaged in an reusable plastic “pod” which can be used to store the wristband and can be sealed between uses to preserve the active life of the product.
- The plastic band is designed with a patented break-away strap that snaps if it becomes entangled.
- It can also be worn on belt loops, hatbands, pet collars, fastened in tents, attached to baby carriages or applied to other areas where insects could be a problem.
- Several wristbands can be strung together to create a longer band.
Effective Against: Mosquitos, Flies, Fleas, No-see-ums
For protection against ticks, see the Bug Band Insect Repellent Spray Lotion.